Sunday, October 26, 2008

Valentine's Day Part I

art 1:
I have to admit, I love Valentines Day! I’m a sucker for anything romantic, chick-flicks, flowers, and spontaneous gestures; I love the excitement and romance that Valentines Day seems to bring. Some may say “people should do nice things for the significant others all the time, not just 1 day a year.” To that I would say…I COULDN’T AGREE MORE—I hope people do that, I hope I do that. I love any excuse to do things for other people; Valentines Day just happens to be a great excuse. But there’s something special about Valentines Day—it’s a great celebration of love. Whether you have a significant other or not, it’s a day to reflect on those people in our life that mean so much to us. Valentines Day isn't just about people you love, it's a time to say "you are special" and "thanks for being who you are."

I was lucky enough to grow up in a home where holidays were a big deal---my mom did a great job with that. I remember getting Valentines presents and a sweet card every year from my parents. I remember our dining room table always being decorated and Valentines treats in the center. Looking back, my parents always made me feel loved---but especially on that special day. That has carried on through my life to where now I want to celebrate Valentines Day. Regardless of those years where my Valentines Day wasn’t great (to say the least), I still remember when it was, so those are the memories I choose to hold onto. Hopefully in the future, my Valentines Days will just get better and better and hopefully I can make someone's Valentines Day increasingly better as the years come. Who wouldn’t want to celebrate a day that’s designed to make you feel a little extra-loved?!

So for all you guys out there….Even if you’re not a huge fan of Valentines Day, most likely your significant other is, so make it a special day for both of you! If for nothing else, do it because she'll love it and it makes her feel just a little extra loved!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

No comments: