Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nauvoo

This past weekend my cousin got married in Nauvoo, so my big family took a caravan down there to see the sights and to experience this unbelievable temple. I struggle to find the words to describe the way I feel about the Nauvoo temple---but there just aren't words. It is amazing, spectacular and breathtaking. I am humbled at the thought of the Saints building this gorgeous temple to do temple work and then turn around a leave the place they called "home." The place they had built up and grown to love. If only we could all have that kind of faith. I loved being in Nauvoo, I loved going through the temple---it was a great experience, one I will never forget.


Anna and Mitch enjoying picture-time. It was such a great ceremony; they were as happy as could be! It's so fun to see their excitment in starting a new life together.


Does this picture take your breath away or what?

Anna and the girls(her neices) L to R: Kendyl, Shelby, Anna, Adisyn, Kaylynn. They were adorable in their matching dresses, they kept saying that they were Princesses!


Adam and I went on a tour of Carthidge Jail. Although we've been there before, the feeling is still there---Jospeh Smith is simply amazing, he is a hero. I loved the thought that I was in the same room as the prophet Joseph Smith.


I love this picture because it shows Joseph and Hyrum with the well-known window in the back. (it's the window at the left of the picture). 


Here's the well-known window, a view from the ground.


Well, it was such a great experience in Nauvoo this last weekend. So much history is there, and I was so humbled to hear many stories and walk the roads Joseph Smith walked. I love the Saints and look up to them so much---I am here because of their faith, obedience and endurance. 

No comments: