Sunday, October 26, 2008

My new house


IT’S OFFICIAL…I moved into my CONDO, now I’m officially a resident of the city of EVANSTON (which may sound familiar to some of you…the home of Northwestern University). I love my job as a HUMAN RESOURCE Representative. The majority of my job includes being in charge of COLLEGE recruiting, interviewing, HIRING and firing, supervise interns, new hire orientation, etc. Of course there are other things involved in my JOB, but that is the bulk of my work. I love Human Resources and continue to think it’s a great field for me! The job is challenging right now because I’m LEARNING so many things---I’m recruiting Chemists, Chemical Engineers, Business Majors, Marketing and Analytical positions, so I’m brushing up on my Chemistry skills/terminology (which has been the most challenging part of my new job thus far). But I LOVE learning, so it’s a treat for me.

Now for the good stuff….my condo. So after dealing with multiple headaches with the moving company, my truck finally showed up with all my stuff!!! So on Tuesday July 10th, my life moved from my house in Anoka to my new condo in Evanston, Illinois. Evanston is such a beautiful town---hard to describe. It’s very old world (HUGE OLDER houses, but they’re all fixed up so nicely and elegantly.), tons of charm and it’s right on Lake Michigan (which looks like the ocean). My condo is 4 blocks from the water (which I absolutely love coming from MN, it makes me feel more at home). My condo is a little one bedroom area, but packed full of charm. When I came to Evanston for my house-hunting trip, I found this condo on Craigslist.com, went to look at it and saw a vision of what I wanted to do with the place and that’s exactly what I did. I told my mom and my aunt (interior decorators inc.) what look I wanted and got some staple items and then had them help me accessorize. I absolutely love how it turned out and just LOVE coming home to my own space! I got to take before and after pictures of the place so hopefully everyone enjoys it as much as I do!

This is what the little dining area looked like when I saw the condo for the first time.



This is what it looks like now--






This was the living room before....
And now....





one of the kitchen walls before....

With my touches...

I was going for the Pottery Barn look, so hopefully that’s what people think of when they see my place.
I’m happy to report that the 3 pictures you see on the wall are my photos---my art.
The middle one is at my cabin---it’s our lake.
Left picture is of Minneapolis from Lake Calhoun (Minneapolis looks smaller than it really is from this view, but I absolutely love Lake Calhoun so it seemed appropriate.
On the Right is downtown Seattle from a ferry.
I had these pictures matted and framed and I ended up signing the bottom of all 3 prints because they are my ART! I love these photos and couldn’t wait to add that finishing touch to the room.

I'm sure you noticed all the bowls displayed on the shelves in the kitchen---I collect cute bowls. LOVE THEM! So I really wanted an area to display them/show them off because I think their just too darn cute! But if you notice the ugly wallpaper in the kitchen, yah...that's my next project---I'm ripping down the wallpaper and painting the kitchen either Red or Dark Green (musty green). So I'm excited to get going on that. I'll have to post updated pictures of that when the time comes.

No comments: